Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
595-p0033nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I'm try to upgrade my pc to windows 10 pro but when i insert generic windows 10 pro code for upgrade i have error and can upgrade. 

How can i do?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

... sorry!... can't upgrade!

HP Recommended

Hi:

See the link below toward the bottom of the page for how to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro.

You cannot clean install W10 Pro.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

HP Recommended

Hi dear,

I have the last version of windows 10 home updated.

But when i inserted the windows 10 pro update generic code

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

it start for update ... go to 99% and after i read that my windows home is not activated.

But system not updaded to 10 pro.

After i push a button that resolve issue and my 10 home reactivated.

After i tried again with the same update code, but receve not valid code.

I have my personal cod for activate 10 pro, but if i can't update to 10 pro, my code is not valid for activate.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I suggest that you contact Microsoft at the link below for help to get W10 Pro activated if you paid for a product key.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

HP Recommended

Yes, but my problem is before activation. I can't update system from 10 home to 10 pro. Activation step is after this.

HP Recommended

Sorry, ... i can't update..

HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to change the W10 Home product key to the W10 Pro product key you purchased in the PC settings menu.

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation .
  2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Windows 10 Pro product key.
  3. Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

Yes, i do it. But do not work! It is possibile that hp lockd the possibility for made upgrade from bios?

HP Recommended

I don't think that HP would put any restrictions in the BIOS to prevent you upgrading to W10.

I suggest you contact Microsoft because I am pretty sure that they will be able to help you get W10 Pro installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.