Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy bang & olufsen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop wouldn't start so attempted to recover Bios but now I am stuck on a screen saying 

Wireless module not supported 

The system has detected a wireless module installed in the system is not supported. System halted. Please remove device and restart. 

Bluetooth module ID (704)

I have done everything and tried using f11 but nothing works it's always stuck here 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

On some computers, the BIOS "restricts" the usage of "non-approved" WiFi and BlueTooth adapters.

Did this error-message occur before you tried to update the BIOS?

Did you pick the wrong BIOS file, when running the BIOS-updater app?

Flip the laptop upside down. On some laptops, there is a cover over the WiFi/BlueTooth adapter.

Power-off your laptop. Remove the battery. Disconnect the AC adapter.

Open the cover, and remove it, to expose the adapter. Carefully, remove it. Replace the cover, reconnect the battery, and reconnect the AC adapter, and see if it will start normally.

Then, purchase a Wifi/Bluetooth adapter that has a USB interface, and connect it, and let Windows use it.

HP Recommended

I've not encountered a HP laptop that rejects wifi cards since about 2007. I've been replacing the awful realtek PCIE and M.2 cards with Intel ones for years with no issues. Perhaps HP have changed this in recent months.

When you say it 'wouldn't start' what did you mean exactly?
How did you attempt to roll back the BIOS (Win Key + B)?

I guess it's possible that your combo wifi/bt card has died, and the laptop is confused on what card is actually plugged in.

Final and obvious question, did you actually replace the wifi card with a different make/model?

HP Recommended
Spoiler

It didn't give me a choice on the bios it just recovered I was getting the screen to choose the bios on the recovery but it said it could not find and that would work that's when I used to actual bios recovery and it goes through the process then always says that message, I have a ee WiFi connected and have not tried to start with it turned off so that could be it 

HP Recommended

Yes I used Windows and B for recovery I mean it wouldn't start up actual windows so I can't get to the desktop just the black screen with that error message, before I recovered bios it was the first recovery screen which gave me more options but none worked not even the hard reset which was strange, the laptop was running fine not even an hour before so unsure why this has happened at all, it is an older model from around 2016 but hasn't shown any signs of not functioning correctly ever before this 

HP Recommended

After recovery, did you update the bios again, That is the message you get on a bios with a whitelist for wifi cards and it may be the default for the fall back bios that you recovered to.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C78QX272A44  it may be safer to update it via a usb, outside of windows. 

Hello IT Pros, this is Alvendril! In this video I show how to update the Bios version of an HP computer using a USB Thumb Drive. 📌Have some time to become better? Here're some Books I like: Sapiens: https://amzn.to/2J7kXpH Click here to Kill everyone: https://amzn.to/3dfHCy5 Life 3.0: ...
HP Recommended

I wanted to delete the administrator password so i did put the past password and place of new password i iust pressed enter so that it will be empty then saved but still it want me to enter the administrator password but it doesn't accept my last password.... It just bring system disabled i 50974016.... Plz help me recover it i know my Microsoft account password plus my windows password

HP Recommended

@DavidMrema -- do you have a desktop PC or a notebook PC?

For a desktop system, the motherboard might have a small "jumper" that can be moved from covering two pins to a different position, to "clear the CMOS".  The exact instructions and placement of that jumper depend on which model-name-and-number of motherboard you have.

For a notebook computer, you probably will need to contact HP, with some documentation to show that you own the computer, and you are not a thief who is trying to delete the password on a stolen notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.