Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion750-050qe 65XX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After my computer is recovered will my computer have a new password? Will my computer have a new administor account? I dont have my password and need some experience with my computer. I need to have a administor account and password I can do this. I love computers and I getting an answer would be awesome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ichstudytechKno 

If you do a factory reset using HP Recovery Media, that erases the entire content of the hard drive, including all settings, accounts, data, and applications.

When the reset is done -- it can take a few hours to finish -- your PC will be like it was when you first opened it, meaning, it will redo the original setup.  No accounts will be saved as part of this process, so you will have to go through setting it up all over again.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ichstudytechKno 

If you do a factory reset using HP Recovery Media, that erases the entire content of the hard drive, including all settings, accounts, data, and applications.

When the reset is done -- it can take a few hours to finish -- your PC will be like it was when you first opened it, meaning, it will redo the original setup.  No accounts will be saved as part of this process, so you will have to go through setting it up all over again.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hey I am thankful I got the answer from you. I want to get my computer working. Recovery media is the disc from software and drivers? I am ghoing to do a recovery work. Thanks for your answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.