Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC is supposed to have 1TB of space of which I seem to be taking 870GB surprisingly. When I try to check out what it might be that is taking up all that storage, the PC doesn't seem to find it. I've tried deleting and deleting but still can't find what are the files taking all that space. I've tried scanning my pc and apparently there are no signs of viruses or malware. I use my pc to play video games using the steam(I think steam might be the problem its just a wild guess which I don't know how to check out) launcher mostly. My hard drive is starting to fail at this point, its messing up the booting of the computer. 

PS: My Hard Drive previously had some sort of fail where it all had to be recovered and copied and start from scratch again but it left this folder with everything file and app I had but too my knowledge I deleted it all, at least, I think.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JC_9988 

Please empty Recyle Bin first and use File Explorer to see which files or folders are the culprits then delete them if you don't need them.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.