3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

I have a HP 23-Q010 ALL IN ONE can't reset or restore

HP Recommended
HP 23-Q010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi...my system was up and working this morning..But I wanted to reset the windows so I moved all my files to my  E:

Can someone help me

Where is the Windows key?

I thought the restore files was on a hidden partition?

I tried to reset from this machine but I get an error There was a proble! Resetting your pc. No changes were made

I click cancel

Then I click Exit and Continue to windows 10

Then it loops Preparing Automatic repair then

Diagnosing your pc

I don't remember getting a DVD in the box..if so its lost.

How do I restore and if I can find the windows product key..

Thank you kindly

5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
127,524 117,702 19,137 29,250
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Windows product key is in your PC's BIOS.

You don't need it to reinstall W10.

Make bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q010 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zandy_Mike
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help.

I am talking with you through a Amazon fire tablet. I assume I will need a laptop or a pc to create these bootable media?

Again ..I appreciate your help and your time.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you will need to have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer.

Zandy_Mike
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Paul.. I do now remember making 5 CDs when I brought this home 4 years sgo .. But God knows where they are. I will look for a friend with a laptop CD/DVD burner..

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You don't necessarily need a DVD burner.

The media creation tool automatically will make a bootable USB W10 installation drive for you.

You just need to have an 8 GB USB flash drive, but you will still need a Windows PC.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation