Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a different background on my opening screen black, not the normal bleu and a message saying that the Windows I amusing is not genuine. This is sudden and I have no idea where it came from. Any help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PR171 

This happens when the PC you are using is running a PIRATED version of Windows and the activation hack no longer works.  MS then changes the background and puts up the message you are seeing.

Genuine HP PCs with OEM licenses do not encounter this issue because the OS preinstalled does not expire.

This means wherever you bought this sold you a PC with an invalid Windows license -- and there is nothing we can do about that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.