Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 13 ah
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone have any idea of where to find the Windows 10 OS key?  I don't need it now, but for sure some time in the future I will need it so I want a record of it.

No sticker on the underside.  No apparent indication of where to look for the Operating System key.  All this seems odd. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is not printed anywhere.  It will require some software to retrieve the key, but it is not really needed as Microsoft does it digitally, now.  If you have to reinstall Windows 10 for any reason, it will activate over the internet, no key input is needed.

If you actually want the key use BelArc Advisor or Magical Jelly Bean.  There are others, too.  Google if you do not find either of those.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It is not printed anywhere.  It will require some software to retrieve the key, but it is not really needed as Microsoft does it digitally, now.  If you have to reinstall Windows 10 for any reason, it will activate over the internet, no key input is needed.

If you actually want the key use BelArc Advisor or Magical Jelly Bean.  There are others, too.  Google if you do not find either of those.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.