Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 595-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to download Windows 10 Update.  My C drive doesn't have enough room to accommodate the upgrade.  I have absolutely no idea how to make my C drive larger.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

Try

START

Windows Administrative Tools

Disk Cleanup.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have done that.  But it only freed up a few MBs.  I need at a minimum 8GB.  I'm guessing that I need to make the C partiiion bigger, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that.

HP Recommended

Hi

Well with the lack of details from your-self I can only hazard guess.

SKU:  would help.

One of these?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-595-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390512

with   2   Hard drives

512 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State           AND A 
1 TB  Interface: SATA  Size: 1 TB   Speed: 7200 RPM

So what / which is the C:  ????

ELSE

https://www.paragon-software.com/free/pm-express/

HP Recommended

Thank you ... especially for the links.  MOST helpful!
2 HDD, as you said

HDD 0

partition 0 ... 260 MB ... 260 MB FREE

partition 1 ... 118.01 GB ... 1.57 GB FREE

HDD 1

partition 0 ... 878.91 GB ... 811.8 GB FREE

partition 1 ...   16.03 GB ... 1.85 GB FREE

C = WINDOWS ... 118GB ... 2.72 GB FREE

D = DATA ... 878GB ... 811GB FREE

E = RECOVERY ... 16GB ... 1.85 FREE

HP Recommended

Hi

So HDD 1 has over 800 GB of free space?

So, personally not knowing what you are trying to  achieve, I have my Web Browsers set to a download area called Downloads

on my large storage drive.

So if you got Chrome/Safari/Edge whatever to download everything there and move any download areas on C: you may get the result you want.

Directory of S:\

30/11/2019 12:38 <DIR> DOCandODTetc
06/12/2019 19:36 <DIR> Download
06/12/2019 19:35 <DIR> Downloads
0 File(s) 0 bytes

AND the first thing to download there would be Paragon Partition Manager.

HP Recommended

Appreciated.  I deleted Corel and Adobe.  That created enough room to download the Windows update.  Once that was done, I had Corel Support Staff work with me in re-installing the Corel software, and I was able to download/iinstall the Adobe software myself with no issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.