Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario
Microsoft Windows Vista

I need to upgrade mi windows vista home premium operating system.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Roberto60 

In a strict sense, the process of "upgrading" one Windows OS version to another implies that the user account(s), settings, personal data, and applications remain intact -- only the OS is updated.

Unfortunately this process has not been available for Vista ever since Windows 8x came out years ago.

In addition, since Win7 is no longer being supported, and Win8x is only getting security updates, your only OS option would be Windows 10 -- and the problem with that is that MS has changed the driver models so much in the intervening years since Vista that (1) the Win10 drivers will not work with your Vista hardware, and (2) your Vista drivers would not work with Win10.

So basically, you have waited too long to upgrade and there are no working options now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.