Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b327c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was downloading a new BIOS from HP Support Assistant per the assistant's request. Half way through the download (54%) the PC shut off on its own and now will not power up.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@BMK1 

There are two phases to a BIOS update:

1) Downloading -- pulling the BIOS update down from the HP server to your local PC

2) Uploading -- applying the BIOS update to the PC

My guess is that the Upload failed, not the Download.  And if that is the case, you would need to see if you can recover your BIOS using these instructions:  HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS | HP® Customer Support

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Tried the solution you suggested but was not able to get the computer to power up. When it shut off during the download/upload process it turned off the power and is dead. Power supply seems to be fine the unit will not power up, no fans, nothing. Thanks for your suggestion, I will keep on trying to get this thing to restart.

HP Recommended

@BMK1 

I was hoping it was the Upload phase, as restarting it would then restart that and perhaps finish the upgrade.

But if you can't get it to even power up, there is nothing more you can do. 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@BMK1,

There is one last chance.

As those unit mimic a laptop, why not treat it like one.  Un-plug the power brick from the back of the computer AND the wall outlet.  Hold down the power button for 45 seconds. Then re-plug  the power brick to wall, then computer. Press power button. Hopefully it will clear logic and re-boot.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.