Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charkatak
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. (Caused by "storport.sys" driver and crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+1c1510)...

HP Recommended
HP Z440 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all!

Config: HP Z440 Workstation with latest Win 10 installed + all drivers seem up to date.

Video Card: Nvidia Quadro M4000

SSDs: 1TB Samsung Evo, HP Z-drive 256GB and both of these cards are M.2 but using PCI adapters.

Another 128GB SSD is connected via SATA cable to port 0.  No Raid config of any kind.

Basically it seems that my system crashes when I am trying to wake it up from sleep.  This happens once every week or two weeks.  The behavior is as follows: I wake the system up and there is no signal going to monitor.  I see that HDD led is busy doing something and in about 5 or so minutes, system just reboots to Windows.  After that there is no blue screen or any other error on the screen.  I have installed app "BlueScreenView" and it reported this: (Caused by "storport.sys" driver and crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+1c1510)

Couple of months ago I upgraded my video card and installed SSD I had laying around.(info below)

My system would never crash or have issues.  I had an older Nvidia NVS 310 1GB card with 2018 video drivers.

I upgraded to Nvidia Quadro M4000 card and at the same day installed 128GB SSD to my PC's SATA port and I do have Intel Rapid Storage installed.  I downloaded newer video card drivers by looking at what HP Performance Advisor suggested and which are certified for Intel's Rapid Storage.

I am personally leaning towards the issue with 128GB SSD connected to SATA port Rapid Storage.  I was thinking about disconnecting that SSD and see what is going on.  Oh and I already tried few video card drivers, still same issue.

All drivers seem to be update at least according to HP's website.  If anyone has seen similar issue and possibly has some answers that would be good.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation