Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-da0097nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Due to missing recovery drive due to a virus, I went to use my HP disks that I created when I bought the laptop. I have used them before with no issue. Well today they won't work after I sent in the computer under warranty to have it repaired due to HP said to use a update on there main download site for my computer specifically to updated the system Bios. During the update while doing the flashing part the screen went black and nothing would let me or HP fix it over the phone. So I was left with a bricked device to start first off.  So I sent in my PC and got it back a few weeks later repaired. 

BUT HP didn't tell me that they made a hardware change to the computer. Because now the system says it's a " HP 250 G7 Notebook PC". It has the same SKU and Model type as originally purchased, "3VN15UA". 

So HP used a part to replace the part that was causing a bios corruption that was caused by a official update. Updates are not reason for HP to use same like parts that register as a completely different part number/name then originally. This is fusterating me beyond belief. Now my Recovery disks that I only got ONE time to create and I did it correct, don't work anymore because the system panics and suicides the whole recovery process almost at the end of the process. it throws a error saying that the Model number doesn't match the disks. Again, hp's fault to begin with! They should have never used a part that goes to another operating system, regardless of the part being a fit for the system. I expected them to give me IDENTICAL part for part so that my recoverys still work. Since I only get one opportunity to create the recovery disks for free. So now all my time being wasted it tells me that the parts and the computer don't match my disc. So now I'm without a recovery set that recovers HP recovery drives and all the benefits that came with the computer. I don't want to use Windows creation tool I want to use HP's recovery tool because I need the recovery drive recreated and I need all the programs that came with the computer as they came with the computer. So my only option is HP needs to stop trying to say the warranty has ran out and that I have to purchase a recovery disk on their website. I want a free recovery disk sent to me that will work with this HP 250 G7 Notebook PC that will recover the entire computer to factory default and not have to pay for something that HP created.

Finally, I tried their HP recovery tool with the USB. Such rubbish and does not work at all. It only works for certain operating systems usually businesses only. Like I said the media creation tool on Microsoft is the only way to do this. At least I have power to create a recovered windows with the creation tool. It is not Factory Recovered though because factory came with security programs, media programs, HP drivers pre installed, and most important built in HP recovery drive that is used in case of catastrophic damage to the operating system without having to use the recovery disk set that I was only allowed to have one copy of. My copy went out the window when HP installed the wrong part just because that part fits the whole doesn't mean it's the right key. You're supposed to use identical parts when replacing a part. I'm upset and I want this issue resolved. I can't imagine how many people out there are going through the same thing I'm going through. Please help me get a recovery set. With the recovery drive recreation. Thank you

Scott Tomlinson

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hypnosguy Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to perform the recovery.

Have you tried for HP cloud recovery?

In that case, I would suggets you perform the hard drive test and check.

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the Component test.  

5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test.  

For the recovery media, please contact our phone support and get the recovery media. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.