Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I'm looking ahead towards Windows 11 and I'm curious to know if the OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a that I have is Windows 11 Ready?  Specifically, does it have TPM 2.0 and the other security requirements for a smooth upgrade?

Thanks

Rick

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AirgunWeb 

You need to know EVERYTHING that your system lacks for Windows 11, not just TPM or what the MS tool tells you.

Here is a link to a third-party tool that will check all the currently known requirements for Windows 11 and tell you what fails on your PC: https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11/releases

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi

HP PCs – Support for Windows 11 | HP® Customer Support

also see if it is in the approved by hp list

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to verify TPM is enabled in the BIOS. Look in Security settings in the BIOS. Secure Boot must be enabled. Most newer HP PCs I have looked have this (Secure Boot) in effect.

You can then check Windows Update again or run the Windows Update assistant (Here) or download the W11 Media Creation tool to create bootable W11 USB media. You can run the W11 USB media within W10 to do the update if you desire.

But backup the current W10 installation using Macrium Reflect free (Link) or some other backup software before you try the update. Make sure you can recover the W10 backup image before you do this update in case things go bad.

You will have to rebuild W10 from scratch and will lose stuff if you don't have a verified, reliable W10 backup image for recovery purposes. This assumes the update fails or you cannot start W11 and don't have access to the baked-in W10 recovery option.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hey there.. I agree.. if I could simply look at a page of data and get the answer I would have already done it.  On another note, I was on my HP Omen 30L yesterday and it gave me the message that I could upgrade to Windows 11 for free if I wanted.  So I'm guessing that I'm good to go when I'm ready.  

At this point, I'm holding off until they deal with the performance issues.  No need to "upgrade" to 17% slower performance.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Rick

HP Recommended

@AirgunWeb 

If the "performance issues" are the AMD Ryzen L3 cache issues, those have already been addressed.  I have a Ryzen system and downloaded and installed a Windows Update this week that addressed the cache issues.  In have confirmed that those issues are now solved.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.