Andi4
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keyboard and mouse not working in normal mode. but working fine in safe mode

HP Recommended
Pavellion 20a-225in

I have Hp pavellion 20a-225in. windows 8.1 64bit.  I was recovering photo from my mobile's internal memory using wondershare drfone. pc was not detecting my mobile so i start switching between different usb ports pc freeze so i force shutdown with power button and  i turned it on.  since then Keyboard and mouse is not working  when windows loads. But on startup I pressed F11 and manged to enter safe mode using command prompt.(start up settings was not showing so i used command). In safe mode both keyboard and mouse are working fine. I tried these troubleshoots-

1.run msconfig.msc, hide all mircosoft services, disable rest of services (My Quick Heal Total security services can not be disabled) , disabled all startup program, restart pc and again pressed F11 to use command prompt to exit safe mode, pc boot normally. but still keyboard and mouse not working.

2. Again enter safe mode, in device manager uninstalled all keyboard and mouse included hidden, scan for hardware changes, restart for normal mode. no help.

it is also not detecting any USB drive or any other USB device in normal mode.

Any solution for this strange problem..

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,993
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andi4 Welcome to HP Community!

I recommend you use an alternate keyboard and/or mouse and check if that works fine,

If they do, both on safe mode and normal mode, use the same to troubleshoot the issue:

Let's start with updating the BIOS using the HP website: click here to find and install the same (select your OS)

Once done, restart the device and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, create a new user account and check if that works fine.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation