Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

KId put 2 dvds into my HP laptop's DVD/CD drive and when I first got the the drawer to open they were still up inside. And now I can't even get the drive drawer/door to open. We use this laptop for medical and hospital needs. Any suggestions? I took out all 10 screws that I found on the back but couldn't see how to open the laptop up. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AngelEyes1221 -- two thoughts:

First, straighten one end of a paper-clip. 

With the computer powered-off, and the battery removed, put that end into the very-small hole in the face of the CD/DVD device. Insert it until you feel resistance. Then, push it 1 or 2 millimeters. You should feel it "unlock", to a point where you can gently pull the tray out a bit, to see if you can see, and maybe remove, the disk(s).

Or, search on YouTube for "disassembly" and your model-number identification.

You might find a video that documents the whole disassembly process, or at least enough of it to free-up the CD/DVD device, so that it slides out of its drive-bay.  Then, it may be possible to undo a few tiny screws to physically remove the "top" of the case, to view the disks.

I hope that you have some technical skills, and experience with disassembling a laptop computer.

Otherwise, pay a certified computer technician to do the above work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.