Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 550-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Im looking to upgrade my graphics card for my HP Pavillion 550-153w to run  a few high demanding games. The PC currently has a Memphis2-S motherboard,

Expansion Slots:

• 1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0)
  • 1 PCI Express x1 (Gen 2.0)
  • Half-Length Mini Card
    Intel Core i3-4170
    CPU speed: 3.7 GHz
    CPU cores: 2
    CPU Cache: 3 MB
    TDP: 54 W
    Socket: LGA 1150
  •  Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two 240-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets
  • Supports the following:
    • PC3 10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3 12800 (DDR3-1600)
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
  • Intel HD integrated Graphics
     Im currently wondering if this power supply along with this specific graphics card will be compatible with my PC.

EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W Power Supply( 100-W1-0500-KR - Power supply

EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card 02G-P4-3753-KR

Im currently looking to be able to run higher demanding games much smoother (not looking to turn my computer into a beast) but if these are not compatible with my PC can anyone reccomend affordable(under 250$ for both power supply and Graphics card)  upgrades to help run games smoother.

-Looking to run games like Black Desert Online, Elder Scrolls, Dauntless

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mob101

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-153w ad would like to know if the EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked P/N: 02G-P4-3753-KR would work on your PC. Also, if the EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W Power Supply( 100-W1-0500-KR - Power supply would work with the PC. I'll surely assist you with this.

I did check the product specs for the video card and the video card looks good fro your PC. However, the minimum power supply for the video card is 300 Watt power supply. Presently, your PC has an 180 W uATX aPFC internal power supply. The power supply mentioned by you does not indicate if it is a uATX aPFC power supply. This is the form factor and this will determine if the new power supply will be compatible with your PC or not.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Thanks for helping! Do you have any reccomendations for affordable upgrades to run atleast black desert for under 250$ or any idea where i can find a compatible power supply?
HP Recommended

@Mob101

You're welcome. 🙂

I personally suggest you to contact a local computer store. I suggested this because right then and there the PC can be tested with a power supply and a graphics card.

Cheers! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.