Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @Chris1061,

1. where are you backing up to?

2. which backup method are you using?

Another issue; since your problem started after Cold-Boot, you might need to run System Check Disk to repair your Hard Disk Drives involved.  

HP Recommended

I'm backing up to an external drive.  I have it schedule weekly.  Next one is Monday at noon.  Method?

Do you mean Create a System Repair Disc?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Chris1061

Thank you for coming back,

1. Can you try running System Check Disk with repair switch for all Hard Disk Drives involved. 

... You can click start and type "CMD", this will call up "COMMAND". right click and run as "ADMINISTRATOR". in Command eleveted window, type "Chkdsk /r X:" where X is your drive letter.

2. What Backup System are you using? is it a windows backup tool or a 3rd part software? 

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7.  When I try to defrag I get a message that task scheduler service is not running. I go to task scheduler and it appears it is defragging weekly.

I have tried check disk scan but it hasn't helped.

HP Recommended

1.  I ran the System Check Disk and it may have done the trick.  I ran backup again which shut down (froze - I got the amber on/off  button light and had to hold down to shut down) the computer after 1 1/2 hours but when I checked it, it successfully back up.  I'll let it auto backup on Monday as scheduled and see how long it takes, and hopefully it won't  freeze.

2.  I use Windows to backup.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.