Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

Memory card slot not reading

Product Name: HP
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

I removed my memory card before ejecting it. Now my memory card slot doesn't work at all. I have done it before and got help on fixing but I can't remember how I did it. It is a readable card and I have tried several different ones so it's not a issue with card itself. The computer doesn't even see I am putting it in. Please help I do a lot of photo's and it's annoying to have find the computer plug everytime I need to get the pictures off.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (157 Views)

Re: Memory card slot not reading

Hi there @apatterson,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having trouble with the Memory card reader in your computer.  I am happy to help with this.

Try following this and see if there is any improvement: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Using and Troubleshooting Memory Card Readers (Windows Vista and XP)

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation