Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillian 595-p0074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded to Win 10 1809 on 1/26/2020. In February 2020 I applied Windows and HP updates. I realized a few days after that that Microsoft Edge had broken. Links in Hotmail that worked before all got the same error. Opening Edge got the same error. Trying to select Favorites, to select pages from History, and typing in new URLs all get the same error.

A new tab that displays: "This page is having a problem." , a few other lines, and ends with "error code STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH". If I try to refresh the page it creates a new page with the same error.

If possible, I don't want to restore to 1/26/2020 as I don't know how that will affect my settings in both Internet Explorer 11 and Mozilla Firefox, both of which are still working.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MEAL2020 

It might simply not be fixable. Why? Because MS is pushing out their NEW Edge browser to folks and rumours are that it is being AUTOMATICALLY overwritten on their PCs.  This means you won't be able to get the old Edge from MS to reinstall the one you are using.

My suggestion is that you download and install the new Edge manually.  When I did that, it imported all my stuff from my old Edge and I was ready to go.  

Here's a thread about it:  https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/148535-latest-microsoft-edge-released-windows.html

I would go for the latest Stable version as I am using that without any issues at all.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.