Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 570-p016na)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI there,

I have not8iced that my Desktop doesn't have the HIBERNATION option.

I have gone all the way back to

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings

where I should see all options for powering off and all I have is Sleep and Lock.

And the options for when i touch the power button are: Do Nothing; Sleep, Shut Down, Turn off the display.

I would be happy with Sleep as an option, but my Fans and USB still stay alive.

Any suggestions on where to find this missing option.

It used to work, I'm sure of that as my machine would go quiet and my USB peripheral would turn off too.

Any Help please? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kuztardd It may have been turned off in the post to save additional space on your device,

Hibernate option is missing from the Power Options in the Control Panel? Did you install driver updates but still couldn’t get the Hibernate option back? Hibernate is one of the power saving modes that saves your current system state to hard drive, then power off the system. When you start the PC, it restores that state, letting you resume from where you left off.

hibernate-missing-in-power-options

If you prefer to use the hibernate feature on your Windows 10 PC, here is a simple way to restore the missing Hibernate option back to the Power Options.

How to Fix: Hibernate Option Missing in Windows 10 Power Options?

1. Click the Cortana Search box on your taskbar, type cmd, right click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

run-cmd-as-administrator

2. Once the Command Prompt is launched, type in the following command to enable the Hibernate feature.

powercfg /hibernate on

3. Next, run the following command to change the hibernation file type to full.

powercfg /h /type full

restore-missing-hibernate-option

4. Reboot your computer. You should see the Hibernate option show up in the Power Options.

hibernate-option

That’s it!

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@kuztardd It may have been turned off in the post to save additional space on your device,

Hibernate option is missing from the Power Options in the Control Panel? Did you install driver updates but still couldn’t get the Hibernate option back? Hibernate is one of the power saving modes that saves your current system state to hard drive, then power off the system. When you start the PC, it restores that state, letting you resume from where you left off.

hibernate-missing-in-power-options

If you prefer to use the hibernate feature on your Windows 10 PC, here is a simple way to restore the missing Hibernate option back to the Power Options.

How to Fix: Hibernate Option Missing in Windows 10 Power Options?

1. Click the Cortana Search box on your taskbar, type cmd, right click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

run-cmd-as-administrator

2. Once the Command Prompt is launched, type in the following command to enable the Hibernate feature.

powercfg /hibernate on

3. Next, run the following command to change the hibernation file type to full.

powercfg /h /type full

restore-missing-hibernate-option

4. Reboot your computer. You should see the Hibernate option show up in the Power Options.

hibernate-option

That’s it!

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, that solved it.

I had tried running the command prompt, but that hadn't worked.. 

But running it as Admin did.. thanks again

HP Recommended

@kuztardd Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oh I had already had given a thumbs up, do let me know if I'd done it wrong..

cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.