Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop Pavilion TP
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

My very first computer and printer were HPs. My first scanner was an HP as well and when I had problems with the scanner working with Windows XP, HP sent me drivers on a disk and voila, everything worked hunky-dory. Back then I wondered if it Microsoft’s Windows XP was the problem, but HP saved me much frustration of having to deal with Microsoft or the store where I purchased the scanner. Fast forward to May 26th when I purchased a brand new HP desktop pre-loaded with Windows 10, the dog-gone mouse will not stay still. I.E., if I move the mouse to the left, the mouse will automatically move to the center of the screen. If I move the mouse to the right of the screen, again, it automatically jumps to the center of the screen. Using my other computer, I talked to the online tech support person but after 1 hour and approximately 40 minutes, he was not able to help me. If I could use the new HP computer to access settings, I would but the mouse does not remain still long enough to click anything with much success. I searched You Tube videos for help but none of the suggestions help, as I am not able to get the mouse to be still long enough to select/click on anything. Because I am on disability, I am not able to leave my home on a moments notice so it is difficult for me to schedule an appointment with Best Buy’s in-store Geek Squad. I prepaid for the Geek Squad service but I am not able to use it right away. So now, I am sitting here frustrated that I am out of $600.00 for a desktop computer that I am unable to use as well as a computer service that I am not able to use. If I were rich, it would not be a problem but I am far from being rich. I certainly do cannot afford to just throw away $600.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DasheDash, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Is it a wired or a wireless mouse you are using with the PC?
  • Did this mouse come with the PC?
  • Have you tried using an alternate mouse and check if the issue persists?

To troubleshoot on the PC, we will need a working mouse. Check with an alternate mouse and let me know.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307,
I appreciate your response but after much frustration, I finally returned it to the store.
However, to answer your questions:
First, I used the wireless mouse I already had. After experiencing the problem with the mouse skipping on the screen, I used the wired-mouse I already had. After experiencing the same problem, I used the brand new wired mouse but I still had the same problem. So basically, all three failed to solve the problem so I returned it to the store for a refund.
Anyway, again I appreciate your response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.