Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (291 Views)

My 2009 HP Pavilion p6150t originally came with free upgrade to Windows 7 from windows Vista...

Product Name: 2009 HP Pavilion p6150t
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista

My 2009 HP Pavilion p6150t originally came with free upgrade to Windows 7 from windows Vista... I haven't used this computer for a while, but now decided to bring it back to life, as it used to be the top of the line machine... So the 1st thing I did is recovered it to the iriginal condition when it was brand new. So it went back to Windows Vista.

How do I upgrade it back to Windows 7 now?

0 Kudos
Dean
Message 2 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: My 2009 HP Pavilion p6150t originally came with free upgrade to Windows 7 from windows Vista...

[ Edited ]

From the way this was written, I assume that Windows 7 was installed before running the Recovery Manager.  That returned the Windows to Vista, correct?  If that is what has been done, the only way to get Windows 7 back, for free, is to run the upgrade disk again.  If you do not have it or never had a disk, then it can still be done but Windows 7 will need a purchased install disk, now.

BTW: an upgrade disk to Windows 7 probably cannot be purchased from M$ but you might find one at a discount retailer.  Otherwise you need need to buy a regular install Windows 7 disk.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: My 2009 HP Pavilion p6150t originally came with free upgrade to Windows 7 from windows Vista...

I bought this computer right before the release of Windows 7.... and HP told me that they will provide the free update from Vista to 7 as soon as it's available... And I remember they sent a link to do that. I was searching for that link on the web... but this page is dead right now. It's too bad because I would be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.. if I had Windows 7 installed. The computer works excellent, plenty of memory, powerful video card and quad core Intel processor.

I have windows 10 on all my ThinkPad laptops anyway. So the only way to upgrade to windows 10 is to pay $120... which I don't want to do... because technically I already paid HP for Windows 7 at the time of purchase... and actually I'm totally fine with Vista. The only problem is MS is dropping all the support for security and updates for Vista in the few months...

So I did a little research today and found this cool Remix OS ... which is Android operating system... but designed to be used on the PC instead of phone... with task bar, windows, file system and designed to be used with mouse and keyboard... so it feels like windows PC... It actually installs as 2nd booting option OS... so Vista will still stay on my computer. Android gives access to about 2 mil. apps... and it's free!

So if MS doesn't support their own product...and no means to update... I'm going to try android...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation