mmatos
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My hp 24 all in one pc won’t start

HP Recommended
Hp 24 all in one pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new pc, last time I used it I didn’t encounter any problem whatsoever. That was like 2 weeks ago. Today when I needed it I try to turn it on and won’t do anything. The only thing that is on is where the power plug connect. The computer was connected to a surge protector which I initially thought that was the problem, but I has tried like 3 different outlets so far & even try what the website suggested on disconnecting everything, unplug it and press the power button 30 secs and then connected again. Nothing seems to work. Help.

1 REPLY 1
RrichardD
Level 3
67 62 3 8
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear MMatos,

Sorry for the delay responding.

1. Take you surge protector into the kitchen (leave the computer where it is), plug it in and test either the electric kettle or the toaster (for latter and to avoid wastage - have butter and jelly ready for mid-work snack). The Watt/Amp load of those devices as they turn-off is far higher than normal computers ... so if they work properly - they (not your computer) will fully tax/test your surge protector. This is just an elimination phase, as that is the only variable.

If the surge protector works with either or both toaster and kettle, then the fault is either warranty/component failure - or (remote, but possible) hijacker activity that damaged the drive/system - while you were gone (only if left turned on and connected to your information service provider/telco via modem or LAN).

To check the later, telephone your telco accounts and ask if their was activity on your ISP line - when you were not home/there (if hijackers - it will be data activity spikes/bursts = big numbers  in grouped sessions of fifteen minutes to two hours). It will be obvious to accounts if it is there. Ask the telco to file and official report with federal authorities if it is. This helps track and stop such events. As stated - very rare, but possible.

Once you have eliminated that (I do not think it is, but you should check); take the computer and purchase detail back to the point of sale, or to the nearest HP Agent/Branch.

Lodge a warranty request for repair/replacement.

Keep well, keep smiling and hope you enjoy the toast.

Rick.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation