Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilon 360
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I accidentally did a reset on my hp pavillion laptop and when it restarted once it was finished with the reset it a blue screen comes on that reads "automatic repair couldn't repair your pc. With the option to shut down computer or it has an advance options. I've tried just about everything I have read online to try and nothing has worked. Something about windows 10 not found or can't upload right, because it doesn't have a partition. I'm sorry but i am not that computer literate...I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to this stuff . Please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

try full test, and give result

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Jmitch38 

This message means that Windows has become corrupted -- so much so, that it can no longer boot. MS puts up this message to tell you that Windows will repair itself -- but in my experience of having seen this dozens of times over the years, it has NEVER been able to make those repairs. So it keeps rebooting and redisplaying this again and again -- until you get disgusted and turn off the PC!

This problem is nearly impossible to fix -- from the standpoint of making repairs and leaving your stuff intact. Some steps for trying this are listed below, but they are very hard to do and if they do not work, you are faced with doing a complete Windows reinstallation to get your PC back working again.

And if that is the case, you need to come back here and tell us what failed so we can provide instructions for things you can to do retrieve some data from your drive before you do a complete reinstallation.
----------

First thing you need to do is see if you can restart in Safe mode -- by doing these steps: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-boot-into-safe-mode-windows-10-a.html

If you don't know how to start using Advanced Startup Options, then read this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-boot-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-a.html

Then, follow these steps to reset Windows Update: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24742-reset-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

If these work, when you finally reboot, you should then be able to login to a working Windows desktop.

If these don't work, you would have to resort to reinstalling Windows from scratch.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood wrote:

@Jmitch38 

This message means that Windows has become corrupted -- so much so, that it can no longer boot. MS puts up this message to tell you that Windows will repair itself -- but in my experience of having seen this dozens of times over the years, it has NEVER been able to make those repairs. So it keeps rebooting and redisplaying this again and again

personally, I was surprised
Happened twice, with the same computer
Probably due to a failed update
For the first time, I left the computer for a long time, and while I didn't believe it, there was no longer any sign of progress, the repair was made, the computer restarted normally.
Second time, maybe not the patience, I don't know anymore, I ended up turning it off completely!
After a little break, restarted
And came back to windows too!
But quite rare indeed

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.