Stephie1200
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My warranty information is not correct

HP Recommended
hp pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My warranty information is wrong in your system.  I purchased my computer on Jan 26, 2020, but when I just logged in here to your support site, it states that my warranty was effective July 19, 2019 (6 months before I purchased it).  I am concerned. How does this get fixed?  Can I please

have a phone number to speak to a live human?

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,841 30,733 3,072 7,587
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Stephie1200 

The warranty is set when the PC is BUILT, not when it is SOLD -- as the factory clearly has no idea when anyone is going to buy it.  You have to contact HP to get the warranty start date reset.

Unfortunately, HP no longer provides phone support in the US due to hijacking of HP phone numbers, so your only recourse now is to use the contact info provided below.

USA/Canada HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Stephie1200
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!  That worked.  I resolved the question.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation