Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-24 FOO17C ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WEBROOT AND MICROSOFT TOLD ME I NEEDED A NEW  SERVER SO I WAS RESPONDING WHEN A STORM CAUSED A POWER FAILURE. IT TOOK  OUTTHE ROUTER AND COMPUTER.HAD TO RESTORE IN EFFORT TO GET  IT GOING. WHEN IT CAME BACK FROM RESTORE, IT WANTED THE ORIGINAL PASSWORD WHICH I NO LONGER REMEMBER . IT HAS ME COMPLETELY LOCKED OUT .ALL I GET ON BOOT IS A KEYBOARD AND A BLUE BOX THAT REQUIRES A POWER ON PASSWORD. ANY IDEA HOW TO GET IT BACK.I TRYED WINDOWS 10 REPAIR DISK 64 BIT. NO LUCK. HOW CAN I JUST DUMP THE SYSTEM AND INSTALL A NEW ONE?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@doc29

Welcome to the HP support community.

You would have to contact HP for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a Bios Flash.  

Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP.  

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true 

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right. 

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. 

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right. 

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you. 

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.