cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
handz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Need help to reconfigerate the CPU back to normal.

HP Recommended
HP- All-in-one PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The HP all in one PC , I had for a few years. Watching videos on command prompt how too, the last one I need missed is up. Now I can not use it efficiently for everyday use. When I cut it on it goes to recovery with the different choices. I really need help if somebody knows how to fix it . 

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,803 32,703 2,976 7,306
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@handz 

It's not going to be a simple matter to get it back to normal -- because you've given us little information to work with.

You said you "messed it up" using a command prompt -- and that could have destroyed ANYTHING!

You claim that NOW, it only boots into recovery mode -- indicating you probably trashed something both in the boot files and maybe OS system files, as well.

We need to know the model number of the PC and how old it is.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,944 4,878 538 2,143
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

Hello
in order to eliminate a hardware problem (or to confirm), test the computer, as explained in this link.
If he gave there the number indicated in the test result (if HDD for example specify it)

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation