Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 875-1023
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Hopefully someone can help me though this nightmare. I have a 2 month old Omen (still under warranty) that has been having issues with the GPU. Flight Simulator 2020 started crashing at the menu and Adobe Premiere Pro would only operate using CPU and not GPU. I consulted Adobe tech team who ran some tests and advised to contact HP as they felt it was a GPU issue.

I contacted HP support who ran a couple tests, asked some questions, and recommended to use HP cloud recovery. I did this process and during the actual recovery i received an error (The recovery attempt has failed, select one of the buttons- Save Log, Details, Retry). I click retry but it just reboots to the same error. Tried recovery couple more times and it crashed every time. (No external drives plugged in, only mouse, keyboard, monitors).

Contacted HP support again and the same rep recommended he send a HP recovery drive. They got it to me next day only to find it get the same error at the same spot. I tried a couple times.

I contacted this same HP rep and after multiple attempts he never returned my emails. I opened a new chat with a new rep who recommended i do a "Windows Reset", he gave me some instructions and said he would call in 90 mins. Guess what, he never called and his procedure didn't work. I started a new chat and this rep recommended i open a service request, i asked for a loaner as i really need this computer for video production and he stated i would get a call from a case manager in a day and would receive a email immediately after the chat. Here we are with no email or confirmation about a service request.

Does someone have any idea on how to at least get the computer to boot and recover fully? Even if the GPU is faulty I can use the CPU only to render and can wait for HP to iron this out later. I already missed a due date for a video production and have a feeling this wont get solved by HP before my next due date. Please help!

Specs:

i9-9900k

2080 Super

32g ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well I think I figured it out. Instead of using an HP recovery drive I downloaded a Windows Recovery drive from Microsoft and used that. It loaded and booted windows but at first was a mess, missing drivers, hard drive partitions, etc. After some more googling and searching I think I have it in working order. 

The entire boot process is different and all the HP bloatware is gone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also just ran the "Bios Default" thing with no luck. Also System Fast Test came back with everything Passed.

HP Recommended

Well I think I figured it out. Instead of using an HP recovery drive I downloaded a Windows Recovery drive from Microsoft and used that. It loaded and booted windows but at first was a mess, missing drivers, hard drive partitions, etc. After some more googling and searching I think I have it in working order. 

The entire boot process is different and all the HP bloatware is gone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.