Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I am trying to download a new BIOS update for my HP Pavilion a6160a Desktop PC, Windows 7 64-Bit and Windows 10 on the other half of the same HD, I tried HP Software and Drivers for many times, guess what!! unfortunately, it's not possible to find a BIOS for that model, the only thing can be found there is Software-Multimedia: LightScribe System Software Update!!.

I was wondering if HP can do this only and where can I find another place to find the extinct BIOS, thank you.

Emad

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Since the Bios is not related to the OS you can find your Bios (only one) on the software and driver page for your device under Windows Vista 64-bit.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-a6100-desktop-pc-series/3436774/model/3...

This is the Bios:

IPIBL-LA Motherboard BIOS Update

system software Manager Icon
5.131.7 MBMay 8, 2008

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-a6100-desktop-pc-series/34367...

You can use this Bios for any OS you have installed.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you so much David:)

I was hoping this time to work, but unfortunately it gave an error (as it happened before) "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled. (09998)"

I was under the impression that HP was honest to put all the drivers to do with ANY model including BIOS (old and new) but they removed it deliberately from their pages waiting to gain some contracts from users like me who trusted HP, I checked my Desktop Serial Number and found my warranty status was expired and this is why they removed any trace of it, it affected myself and all the people like myself, you can check my word when you check their Software and Drivers page and try to search for new HP model, you will find ALL and I mean all drivers and you might find oil and butters as well, Since the Bios is not related to the OS then why they put all the BIOSs drivers for the latest Desktops and Laptops in their website??

Just in case if someone from HP read this, my HP’s motherboard specifications after I ran:

C:\Users\Emad>wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber

Manufacturer           Product   SerialNumber     Version

ASUSTeK Computer INC.  Berkeley MS1C76S12203117 1.xx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz  Kentsfield 65nm Technology

RAM:  4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard:  ASUSTeK Computer INC. Berkeley (CPU 1)

I am seriously thinking to try Lenovo for a change, any way its the time to forget about this bad experience with HP.

Thank you again David

Kind regards

Emad

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.