Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 880-180d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I notice My compute has

CPU:

Intel® Core™ i7-8700K (3.7 GHz base frequency, up to 4.7 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)

Discrete GRAPHICS card:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080Ti (11 GB GDDR5X dedicated)

I can not use CPU intergrate video card anymore.

I can not even detect it.

It seems disabled in BIOS.

1. My I enable the intergate video card?

2. What if I remove the discrete graphics and boot the computer? Is the system will automatically use intergate card or just fail to boot by missing video card?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05862011

If you look under the Integrated graphics section, you will see this note...

note: Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

So there is no way to enable the onboard graphics unless you remove the graphics card.

If you remove the add on video card and if you connect your monitor to the integrated graphics card output, the PC will automatically use the onboard graphics.

Not sure why you would want to do that, but that's your business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.