Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my Omen desktop just shut off while I was using it.  I've checked all the cables, cleared any dust, and it will not power on.  There is a green light on the back so I know the unit is getting power.  Any way to reboot it??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It appears you may be out of warranty.

A solid green LED on the power supply is good but you can't assume the power supply is not the problem.

Have you checked power supply connections to the motherboard and the front panel power switch connection to the motherboard?

I expect you have no video. Do you hear any normal startup sounds and do you see any LED activity on the chassis?

Try starting the PC with only a monitor connection and check/reseat the video connection at both ends if you hear startup sounds or see LED activity on the PC. Also try a different monitor (if possible) and data cable if the PC has LED activity and startup sounds.

Trying to cover as many possibilities I can think of at this time.

Possible causes:

Loose cable connections to the motherboard

Loose cable connection to the monitor, a bad data or power cable, or the monitor has failed or is off

A short caused by an internal component or peripheral connected to the PC.

Failing power switch

Power supply

The motherboard or CPU (CPU failure is very unusual but can happen)

You may have to contact HP Support (Link) or have a local tech diagnose this problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.