Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i was wondering if anyone else has had this happen, the omen desktop which is 15 months old just stopped working it was shutdown from using and when it was to be used the next day the unit switches on, then after about 20 seconds switches off and back on again its not powering on the monitor or keyboard,ive done all the trouble shooting with a technical advisor and nothing ,  HP have been really really unhelpful just telling me that its now out of warranty which my biggest mistake was not taking extended warranty tbh i thought a unit that cost as much as this omen would have had longer than a year! so far they are saying to fix it will cost £650!  is this a common problem with these units? i didn't expect to pay this much money for a pc for it just to stop working so soon after buying it! any help would be great!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Zia_80 

I understand your frustration but the HP consumer warranties are all one year -- whether you buy $200 worth of entry level netbook or thousands of dollars worth of high-end laptop or desktop.

I am surprised the repair cost is that high, and since it is out of warranty, I would seek out local laptop repair places and get estimates from them.  Since All-in-Ones are basically HUGE laptops with external keyboards and mice, any shop that repairs laptops should have the tools to disassemble and repair these.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.