Top Student
8 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omni 27" - Windows 10 issues

HP Omni 27 27-1002EJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I upgraded from fall edition of windows 10 version 1709 64 bit to version 1803 - I have had two issues which I am unable to resolve:

1. Screensaver

This concerns a personal screensaver setting with Windows 10 Pro version 1803.

When I select as the screensaver a specific folder with “Pictures” it goes through and displays all the photos in that folder.

However when you select the folder ALL Pictures – it stays on the 1st picture and doesn’t ‘cycle’ or go through the pictures in that specific folder and it doesn’t go through all the folders of Pictures or display any of those pictures!

I also tried using the screensaver function in Picassa – I get it to work in preview mode within Picassa, but otherwise it won’t show the screensaver!

Can you please advise how to get the display as a screensaver all the photos in all the folders in my Pictures?

2.  Auto sleep/shutdown

I went to Power options and chooie high perofrmnace and told it to turn off screen after 30 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 60 minutes - neither of these fucntions are working!

Do you have any suggestions how to get the computer to go into sleep mode or shut down?

Thank you!

Philip

4 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12664 840 1471
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pdrachman,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the Windows screen saver option is not working and also the computer is not going to sleep.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, let’s try the below steps.

If you’re running Windows 10 Creators Update or later, you have a new troubleshooting option that’s at your service when dealing with various system problems. And it can also be helpful when resolving the screensaver problem. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these instructions:

1. Go to Settings > Update & security
  2. Now, go to the Troubleshooting tab
  3. Scroll down, and find Power
  4. Click Run the troubleshooter
  5. Wait for the process to finish, and follow further on-screen instructions
  6. Restart your computer

If you continue to face the issue, follow the below steps.

Since the screensaver is a power saving feature, it’s tightly connected to your power saving settings. Because of that, if your power saving settings have been changed or corrupted lately, there’s a chance your screensaver won’t work properly.

So, we’re going to bring your Power Management settings back to default, and hopefully, the screensaver will start appearing again. Here’s exactly what you need to do:

1. Go to Search, type power, and open Choose power plan
  2. Now, you’ll see your current power plan. Choose Change plan settings next to your selected plan
  3. Now, go to Change advanced power settings
  4. In the Advanced settings window, choose Reset plan defaultsWindows 10 screensaver won't turn off

Your plan settings are now back to default. So, if you accidentally did something that could disrupt your screensaver, that shouldn’t be the problem anymore.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
pdrachman Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for this.

I  have made fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit version 1803 four times and these same problems persist!

1. Power settings

I reset all power settings as you suggested.

I put the computer on default power plan - which should turn off the display after10 minutes and put the hard drives to sleep after 30 minutes.

I will reportback if this works or not.

2. Screensaver

The problem continues - if I create just one photos folder and tell the  screensaver to dispaly this - it does it so.  However if I make multiple folders and tell it to dispaly these - then it won't display these and will stay stuck on the first photo in the first folder!

Any suggestions?

Do you think that going back to Windows 7 64 bit would be the best solution - if both the power saver and screensaver functions work properly?

Thank you so much,

Philip

0 Kudos
pdrachman Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reporting back about power settings - I reset all power settings as you suggested.

On the default power plan - which should turn off the display after10 minutes and put the hard drives to sleep after 30 minutes - the display didn't turn off nor did the har drives go to sleep after 30 minutes!

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5216 266 340
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pdrachman

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

I suggest you reinstall Windows using HP Recovery media and go back to Windows 7. There are no Windows 10 drivers available for your PC.

To order HP Recovery Media, follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/bph07143

Follow steps from "Recovery from recovery discs" given in the article: Click here

Hope this helps :)

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us :)

Cheers :)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation