cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JVJBassMan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Opened my keys to get the numbers off of the power supply. Closed case now it will not turn on!

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-0066

I was simply opening the case and getting the numbers off of the power supply. I did remove the super power supply and replaced it. I went back and plugged it in and nothing, no power nothing. My system does not have an LE D indicator by the power plug. I reopened it and noticed the connector wire for the wireless chip was loose so reconnected that. Put it back together. Still no power, nothing.My instinct tells me I either grounded out some thing or there’s a ground wire not connected. But I have no idea where is a ground wire is. Thank you help

1 REPLY 1
KingOP
Level 3
58 55 3 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make sure that our new power supply is rated exactly like your old one. It is possible that your new power supply is not putting out enough power to run your motherboard. Also I have known people who have replaced their power supply and the new one was bad. It does happen from time to time. When you are talking about things that run on electricity it does not take much for them to work.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation