Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp omen 870-244 desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My hp omen 870-244 desktop automatically shuts off after 10-15 minutes of use and then the fans start spinning very loudly I have tried many times unplugging it and restarting my pc and nothing worked I even opened up the computer but the inside is fine no dust it has never even sat on the floor! I am sure it is graphic cards fans. Can anyone give me any tips or advice on how to stop this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Thanks for a good description of your problem.

Sounds like it could be a graphics card thermal problem.

I would remove the factory installed Nvidia 1070 graphics card.

Use on board Intel graphics to confirm.

We would have to look at other causes if you see the same symptoms after removing the Nvidia graphics card.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.