Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I was gifted a Pavilion 23 recently and it’s came with windows 8.1 I’m thinking of buying windows 10 but I’m not sure it would even work. Does anyone have any clue how I could get it to 10? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You don't need to buy W10.

Just click on the blue Update Now button at the link below to get the free upgrade from W8.1 to W10.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Normally W10 will work on any PC that came with W8.1 but I would have to know the exact model number or product number of your PC to give you more accurate information.

HP Recommended

pavilion 23 f364

HP Recommended

Hi:

W10 may work on that model because HP has some W10 drivers for it on the 23-f3xx PC support page.

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-f300 All-in-One Desktop PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Cust...

But on the support page for your specific model, the drivers only are available up to Windows 8.1

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-f364 All-in-One Desktop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Su...

So, you have kind of a 'borderline situation' where your PC may or may not work fine on W10.

You can always try the upgrade to W10 and see how it works out, and you have 10 days to go back to W8.1 if things don't work out on W10, as long as you don't delete any of the installation files or the Windows.old folder.

Go back to Windows 8.1 (microsoft.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.