Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 10 (777 Views)

Pavilion 550

Product Name: N4R63AA#A2K
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have purchased 5 HP Pavilion 550-132d having a windows 10 OS, we need to downgrade the OS to windows 7 32 bit because we have a system that only run up to win 7 32 bit. But unfortunately upon installing the win 7 32 bit OS, the mouse/keyboard freezes! and general 'hanging'  during installation Smiley Sad. When we purchased the computers we are expecting that we could install windows 7 without any difficulty since windows 7 is still on the market.  Can we have a work around so that we could install win 7 32 bit on those 5 new HP Pavilion 550. We will greatly appreciate immediate response on this. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 10 (774 Views)

Re: Pavilion 550

Hi,

Windows 7 drivers are on the following link:

http://support.hp.com/ph-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-500-Desktop-PC-series/8499648/model/8741...

My suggestion: download HP Support Assisstant (HPSA) from the above link and install to your machines, After that use HPSA to run Updates and it will fix driver problems for you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 10 (767 Views)

Hi,

I have tried your suggestions, but with no luck when I try to install win 7 ultimate 32 bit the keyboard and the mouse still freezes (Hang). Upon checking on the BIOS under Storage Configuration only AHCI is available, other choices such as RAID SATA is not available. Is there other way I could install win 7 32 bit? Thank you.

Student
Message 4 of 10 (693 Views)

Please, any news on this?

I do have the same problem. There is no info about SO compatibilities anywhere. 

Thanks in advance.

Student
Message 5 of 10 (653 Views)

Good

[ Edited ]

What the solution ?

Honor Student
Message 6 of 10 (537 Views)

same problem here. we are unable to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7 with any BIOS/UEFI settings. USB devices are nor working in the first Win 7 installation screen, so we are unable to chose language and press "next" button.

has anyone tried upgrading firmware/bios?

any other advice?

Honor Student
Message 7 of 10 (517 Views)

hi guys, i solved it. u need to update windows installation files with newest usb drivers.

tutorial can be found here: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-install-windows-7-on-a-pc-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

Student
Message 8 of 10 (461 Views)

We have purchased 5 HP Pavilion 550-166d having a windows 10 OS, we need to downgrade the OS to windows 7 32 bit because we have a system that only run up to win 7 32 bit. But unfortunately upon installing the win 7 32 bit OS, the mouse/keyboard freezes! and general 'hanging'  during installation Smiley Sad. When we purchased the computers we are expecting that we could install windows 7 without any difficulty since windows 7 is still on the market.  Can we have a work around so that we could install win 7 32 bit on those 5 new HP Pavilion 550. We will greatly appreciate immediate response on this. Thank you very much.

Honor Student
Message 9 of 10 (351 Views)

Re: hp pavilion 550-215ur

i need to install win 7 on hp pavilion 550-215ur, but usb keyboard off during windows install, how can i turn on keyboard in bios or another solution, for installing win 7, senks.

HP Support Agent
Message 10 of 10 (338 Views)

Re: hp pavilion 550-215ur

Greetings @Mogwai,

I came across your post where you are finding difficulty in getting the USB keyboard recognized during the Windows 7 setup. I will glad to help.

USB keyboard is a plug and play device, which means that you don't need to make any changes to enable it. 

Recommend you to connect the USB keyboard on the rear of the computer during the setup process. 

Try a different keyboard if available.

Also, you can reset the BIOS from the File menu in BIOS. 

Let me know if this helped.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation