Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion All In One 24R
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
PAVILLION ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-Bit)

I have a Pavilion All in one, 10 months out of warranty and out of the blue, the computer will not start up.  I am getting 3 long beeps, 4 short and a message re: unsupported adapter, and then it powers off. I have used the computer rarely, and this problem came up out of nowhere.  I have tried the suggestions listed here regarding the power cord to no avail.  Any other suggestions?  Looks like HP customer service will be hearing from me on Monday, as this is unacceptable.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Donnabd 

The beep codes indicate serious hardware failure -- along the lines indicated in this post:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

You are certainly free to contact HP if you want, but once the PC is out of warranty, they are not going to diagnose or fix it for free -- and in fact -- they will demand payment UP FRONT before even talking to you..

Just giving you a "heads-up" before you call.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

WAWOOD.  The link is not working.  

HP Recommended

@Donnabd 

The link is working for me -- I tried it when I made the reply, and I just tried it again when I read your response.

If you're using Edge in Win10, then try using a different Browser like FireFox or Opera.  I use them both and they both work fine.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.