Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
A6525UK
Microsoft Windows Vista

I have a Pavillion Model A6525UK I wanted to upgrade from VistaHome premium 32 to Windows 7.

I ran the Windows 7 upgrade advisor which told me to download the latest driver for the Nvidia nForce 10/100mps ethernet before attempting the Windows 7 Install.

I've been in contact with Nvidia customer services and got this reply

Upon checking the system information using the screenshot provided I see that it is a  Nforce 430/Geforce 6150SE chipset in your system and there is no upgrade possible to windows 7 using the chipset as there are no supporting drivers for the card for windows 7.

Please do let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Shahbaz
NVIDIA Customer Care

On the basis of their reply it looks like I can't upgrade to Windows 7 if I wanted to due to the driver issue I think this is pretty poor. Can anyone confirm.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The information you received from Nvidia is incorrect.

There is indeed an updated chipset driver from Nvidia, which updates the ethernet driver so you can upgrade to W7.

W7 is not listed on the drop down menu for the driver download but when you select Vista, it shows the driver is also good for W7.

Here it is...32 bit...

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/14874/en-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The information you received from Nvidia is incorrect.

There is indeed an updated chipset driver from Nvidia, which updates the ethernet driver so you can upgrade to W7.

W7 is not listed on the drop down menu for the driver download but when you select Vista, it shows the driver is also good for W7.

Here it is...32 bit...

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/14874/en-us

HP Recommended

Hi Great news :smileyhappy:Thankyou for that information, as it was looking like I was out of upgrade options.

I appreciate the pointers and the link, I will download the driver you signposted fo use later.

I've  previously had several emails back and forth from Nvidia none of which shed light on a solution,

Looks like i'm going to need to install the driver suggested after the Windows 7 Install

Thanks again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You should have no outstanding issues after you install that driver, and W7 should upgrade just fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.