Did you mean: 
279D7N
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavillon PC Windows 7

HP Recommended

with windows 7 what's going on with HP support?

Hello friends,

I have customers on my community of my site [edit] who have a HP PC with Windows 7 what will happen to the level of updates with Windows 7 which will no longer be supported for Microsoft in January 2020. what will happen to this PC? will it block them from having Winsows 7 and not Windows 10? thank you for your clarification?

MonExpertInfo.com le site de depannage informatique à distance pour tous..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,248 122,425 20,127 30,859
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can continue to use W7 for as long as you want, but Microsoft will not be supporting it anymore with security updates and whatnot.

Also they will probably not allow Windows Defender to work anymore, so users would have to find another 3rd party antivirus software.

I'm still using Windows XP on one of my laptops and it works fine. 

Just no security updates, and I have to use the last supported XP version of the Firefox browser in order to visit internet sites without any problems.  Internet Explorer 8 is virtually useless.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,248 122,425 20,127 30,859
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can continue to use W7 for as long as you want, but Microsoft will not be supporting it anymore with security updates and whatnot.

Also they will probably not allow Windows Defender to work anymore, so users would have to find another 3rd party antivirus software.

I'm still using Windows XP on one of my laptops and it works fine. 

Just no security updates, and I have to use the last supported XP version of the Firefox browser in order to visit internet sites without any problems.  Internet Explorer 8 is virtually useless.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation