Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 600 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the Windows KB4530717 and KB4523203 update, all of my HP Prodesk 600 G2s are turning on automatically after being shut down. The computers will shutdown, stay off for about 20 minutes, and then boot back up. All of them have wake on lan enabled for management purposes. In my testing, I've found that turning off wake on lan will fix the issue. This is not an ideal solution since we want to keep wake on lan turned on. I've tried updating the BIOS, ethernet driver, chipset drivers, and intel management firmware to no avail. I've also tried uninstalling KB4530717 to no avail. KB4523203 is not removable. I've also allowed Windows Update to install all available updates up until 1/9/2020 for Windows 10 v1803, which hasn't fixed the issue either. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. This issue did not occur before the KB4530717  and KB4523203 updates were installed and I also have Prodesk 600 G3s that received that update and don't have this issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.