cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nblankster
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Purchased HP Pavilion Desktop Display from store, no admin password and having issues resetting.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Bundle 27er

I purchased a display model on sale from a store and it already has an admin account set. I tried factory resetting, but it says "There was a problem resetting your PC." I do not have the password to the admin account as it was set up at the store and the employees there also do not have the password. How can I get around these issues and reset this PC to factory defaults?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,656 32,556 2,958 7,271
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nblankster 

Sorry, but even understanding your situation, we are not allowed to assist with password resets.

You need to take this back to the store, have them login to it and REMOVE the password.

Then, when you get it back home, login using their account and do the following:

1) Use Settings --> Accounts to set up your own account

2) Reboot and login to your account

3) Use the same setting again to remove the previous account

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation