Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline S5510y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an opportunity to work from home using this computer but would have to increase the RAM to 4 GB. My system properties page shows I only have 3 GB with 2.75 GB usable.  I am seeing videos on YouTube that states this can be done by going to your system properties and increasing your virtual memory.  I tried it but my system properties still show 3GB.  Will I have to physically do this inside the hard drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine ONLY has 3GB of RAM now:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02106661

If you wish to insrease RAM, you have to buy more RAM using the following information

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR2 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
  • Supported DIMM types:
    • PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
    • PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs

Note: Currently it has 2GB+1GB, please note the specs of the 2GB stick, go out and buy a same one then replace the 1GB stick.

The video has nothing to do with this case.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine ONLY has 3GB of RAM now:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02106661

If you wish to insrease RAM, you have to buy more RAM using the following information

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR2 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
  • Supported DIMM types:
    • PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
    • PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs

Note: Currently it has 2GB+1GB, please note the specs of the 2GB stick, go out and buy a same one then replace the 1GB stick.

The video has nothing to do with this case.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.  I really appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.