cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCUMBAS
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

REPLACED HARD DRIVE BUT STILL HAVE ERROR NO BOOT DISK HAS BEEN DETECTED OR THE DISK HAS FAILED

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23 ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I STARTED TO GET ERROR MESSAGE DID HARD DRIVE TEST BUT FAILED SO I REPLACED HARD DRIVE DID TEST AND PASSED BUT STILL HAVE ERROR NO BOOT DISK HAS BEEN DETECTED OR THE DISK HAS FAILED WHEN COMPUTER COMES ON SO I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD GIVE UP OR DO I HAVE TO BUY SOFTWARE TO INSTALL IT OR 

5 REPLIES 5
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,740 32,640 2,971 7,292
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TCUMBAS 

OK, you said you Replaced the failed drive, but did you do Anything to the new drive?

Because if it's blank, then of course, you are not going to be able to boot from it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
TCUMBAS
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok so it has to be blank because when I installed it nothing came up when I turned it on but hard drive passed so I would have to purchase windows disc to install it?!

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TCUMBAS 

No, you would not.

How old is the PC?  Asking because if it is fairly new, you might be able to use HP Cloud Recovery tool to restore it.

0 Kudos
TCUMBAS
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the pc is around 12 years old its been the best computer i ever own its an all in one i lost alot of memories in there 

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TCUMBAS 

That's impressive!  So what did it come with, Win7?  

Unfortunately, only the newer PCs will work with HP Cloud Recovery and HP no longer stocks Win7 recovery media.

So, if you have to reset your PC, you would have to download and create media from Microsoft to reinstall Windows.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation