Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PAVILION P6212F PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to do a system restore.  Prior to the restore I did a backup which took 18 DVD's.  When I do the file restore it stops working while restoring Disc 13.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PALMBAYINS 

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

What you're now encountering is one of the main reasons I advise folks AGAINST using DVDs for backups.  One corrupted disk and the whole backup set is rendered useless!

I would first examine the surface of the failing DVD to see if there are any smudges or fingerprints that could interfere with it being read properly.  If the surface is clean and unscratched, all you can really do is try again.

If that attempt fails, your only other recourse is to use another PC with a DVD writer and copy this DVD to a blank one -- and try that one.

If that one exhibits the same problem, then basically, you are stuck -- because unfortunately, there is no way to transfer a multi-part backup set to a USB stick or an external drive and have it then work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

WAWOOD Thanks for the input.  Just to be clear the error I get says the program stops workin.  It seems to read most of the disk.

HP Recommended

@WAWOOD Thanks for the input.  Just to be clear the error I get says the program stops workin.  It seems to read most of the disk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.