Re: product key on factory installed office

HP Recommended

15t-dc100 CTO
Order: [edit]
Case Number[edit]
PRODUCT NUMBER: 5XZ75AV

*edited 

My problem is a bit different.

1.I purchased my laptop (15t-dc100 CTO) with MS Office 2019 (Student) But, It came with Office 365 ONLY
2.HP (Virtual Agent) Solution Center sent me to Microsoft, who advised to remove Office 365 and install 2019.
3.I uninstalled Office 365.
4.I attempted to install Office 2019, but was asked for KEY. I do not know my KEY.
5.HP (phone) advised to go Microsoft site and attempt to open Word doc
6.I did and only available KEY was Office 2013 Pro from my other computer (which I installed temporarily)
7.Another call to HP who said would email or call with KEY.

8.They did not email KEY

Belarc shows the 2013 key

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SCAF,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are looking for the product key for Microsoft Office which came preinstalled on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

HP Community staffed mostly by volunteers and we are not authorized to deal with warranty service or equipment replacement issues.  For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
SCAF
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I have called, twice. 

I've been told an HP tech will call me to help with my solution or email me a product KEY.  I continue to wait...

I hope to get this straightened out.  I will never purchase a computer with pre-installed software again!😠

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SCAF I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation