Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23 o014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I cleaned my HP Envy 23 and my camera stopped working. Just wondering how I can get this back online, I went through the device manager re-scan and tried the whole virtual assistant thing already. Sorry in advance if this has been answered already. Perhaps all I need in the drivers? Or can someone provide the name of the camera? My son needs to use it for school (COVID19). 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@oball23 

You said you cleaned it, so HOW did you do that? Please provide the details of what you did and what you used.

Also, have you tried using HP Support Assistant?  Running it scans for drivers and if it finds any missing, it will contact HP to download and install the missing drivers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

So I tried the HP Assistant with no luck. Secondly, I used the Windows 10- update and security and then reset this PC-remove everything. I think all I need is the drivers, is there anyway to figure which hardware computer has?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.