Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0102nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a new HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0102nc but I don't want Windows 10 on my machine. How can I request refund for the license I didn't agree with? The windows is not activated, I didn't even turned the PC on yet.

PC was purchased in EU - Czech Republic.

Thank you,

H.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
you must find the conditions of your reseller and or HP directly, of your country!
I found an item from a seller but in France it says HP does not offer Windows refunds
We find more and more computers, without windows installed, it may be a reason!
In addition it is mentioned that you may lose the warranty, I don't know if this is possible or true, but I prefer to warn you
The refund if there is may not be what you expect
Windows if you buy it is around 140 € depending on the version purchased (box version), but for the refund, it must be much less

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I found this interesting article dated back to 2007. http://phk.freebsd.dk/MicrosoftSkat/bilag_03.pdf

I believe there is a way but it's gonna be a painful one. 

HP Recommended

you need to contact hp as i mentioned
I can not find the equivalent on the US sit, but a French document
(i) The HP End User License Agreement (hereinafter referred to as “HP License Agreement”) governs your use of any software, preinstalled, provided or offered by HP for use with your HP hardware product and not subject to any other license agreement between you and HP or between you and a third party publisher, subject to the provisions of item (iii) below. (ii) The rights relating to the software that are the subject of this article are granted to you exclusively subject to acceptance of all the conditions of this HP License Agreement and / or, if applicable, of the other license conditions of their respective publishers such as than supplied with the software. By installing, copying, downloading or using such software, you agree to be bound by the terms of the HP License Agreement and / or, if applicable, the license terms of the third party publisher as provided with the software. . (iii) In any event, if you are a consumer and you do not agree to the terms of this HP License Agreement and / or the third party publisher's license terms, your sole remedy is to return to us, within 14 days of your purchase, the entire unused complete system (hardware with all software) in its original packaging for a refund. To do this, it is up to you to contact our Order Tracking department within this period.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.