Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ThinClient t630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello everyone,

I have some t630 ThinClient and I was wondwering if there is a method to reinstall from scratch the Operating System on it (which is Windows 10 IoT x64) with all the HP software preinstalled. Is there an ISO image available from HP to download for perfoming this setup?

Does HP have a detailed documentation on how to do that and a link where to download all the necessary things?

Thank you all.

Regards,

Alessandro

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Alessandro:

Unfortunately, I don't see such a thing on the HP support site.

You can make your own W10 IOT installation media at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10iotcore

It appears that on the ThinClient t630 support page there is one file called a driver pack which should install all of the drivers you need.

But the only software available will be what else you find on this support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-t630-thin-client/10522151

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

thank you for your advise.

I saw that on the web site you linked for my t630 there is a ThinUpdate software which might be used for creating a recovery image starting from scratch. I will try with that option. The only worries about using ThinUpdate is that, dispite the software is updated (just downloaded) , it shows me only old Win10IoT images 16WWFTCJ602 English (Sept 2017). My t630 comes from a newer images which is 16WWFTEJ603. I hope HP will update this software in order to be able to download the correct updated images. I will try with the old one (16WWFTCJ602) just hoping I will not have problem with the license on my t630.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm not familiar with the W10 IOT version.

What is this version that is labeled:   You can't use this one?

Windows 10 IoT Core Packages – Windows 10 IoT Core - version 1809 - January Refresh (LTSC)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.