Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 G5 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP EliteOne 800 G5 23.8 inch All-in-One Hello everyone. It has happened to me several times that after a few hours of not using the PC I am unable to activate the screen. In practice, the PC is turned on, but the black screen is not reactivated by clicking with the mouse or the keyboard and I am forced to turn it off and then turn it back on.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you running the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2)?

I have had some problems with this same issue on some PCs running 20H2.

Check for Windows Updates multiple times.

I don't know why this is happening. Checked Task Manager on the affected PCs and have found the up time indicates the PC is not shutting down and restarting. So it appears the PC is sleeping but you cannot wake the PC using USB devices. You think you are restarting the PC from scratch (turning off and on) but this is not true. The up time may show many days or weeks of uptime.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.